Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dressing for My New Job


As I recently accepted a new job, I suddenly realized that I am going to have to make some changes to my wardrobe. Currently, I drive to work and park right at my building. I would say that it takes me 20 seconds to get from my car to my building. My new job will require me to walk several blocks from my car to my new building; I'm guessing that it will be about a 10 minute walk. Given that winter is upon us, I am realizing that walking 10 minutes every morning and evening in the snow and ice will not exactly be an enjoyable feat. I typically wear whatever I plan on wearing all day when I leave the house in the morning. I am beginning to rethink this strategy with my new job. I am leaning toward wearing boots to walk in and then changing into pumps when I arrive at work for the day. I am also thinking that I will need to invest in a warmer coat.

I am thinking that a new coat like this should do the trick.



What do you think? Will I look crazy hiking across campus in a long coat, Uggs, and business casual?

No comments:

Post a Comment